I have been laughing at all my friends memories who have been tagged with this one, but now it's my turn and it is not so funny. I suppose it is only fair I subject myself to the same embarrassment so here it goes. Don't judge me too harshly. I was not always the mature shining example I am today. (Hee-hee)
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yeah, on and off for about five years. He was the varsity basketball "star" and his coach hated me for distracting him.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of high school? I have spent a lot of money in therapy trying to forget these. Just kidding. I am sure most of High School was embarrassing but I can't remember anything specific. If anyone can think of anything let me know. I will go look through my scrapbooks and come up with something.
4. Were you a party animal? Every day was a party, but NOT with drugs or anything. We managed to keep ourselves entertained with speedoman, trains(I won't go into detail about this one. If you were there you know why. We were really stupid.), sleeping in cars (you are a good snuggle-buddy Jami), Spring Break, Drill camp/Nationals, spying on people....so many fun times.
5. Were you considered a flirt? No, I was a faithful girlfriend. Although I had plenty of crushes on the side.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No
7. Were you a nerd? One word: POPULAR! (refer to Kristen's post) What makes one a "nerd" anyway. I was in honors classes and was a yearbook staff editor so does that make me one? Maybe the fact that I actually enjoyed school makes me a nerd.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was on Drill Team. I really wanted to do track but had a conflict in my schedule.
9. Did you get suspended/ expelled? No, but I should have been once. Sorry Jami and Val, you guys got all the blame (thanks to your future husbands) for our little stunt.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? I'm not so sure that I could even sing the whole fight song when I was in high school -- I deferred those responsibilities to the 'popular' head cheerleader (that would be Kristen).
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I don't know that I have one, or can remember their names. I will look in my yearbook and get back on this one too.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Thanks to Kristen and Amber, and Jen I now remember that we usually sat at a certain table to eat and then moved to the stairs to chat.
13. What was your school's full name? West Jordan High School
14. School mascot? Jamal the Jaguar
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? My boyfriend, Ben
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No thanks. I enjoyed High School, but I would not want to do it again. I still see all my closest girlfriends and we relive old memories enough.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I sort of liked mooning people back in the day, so I remember one of my teachers having me prove I had a skirt on under my gown. As if I was going to moon the entire crowd! My mooning was tastefully thank you very much. (Perhaps this is why nothing from high school comes to me as embarrassing. If I was willing to show my butt in public, why would anything else seem embarrassing?)
I also remember we wore our graduation collars around our necks and called them "popularity sashes". It looked much cuter too.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? Every day was Senior skip day. Especially before I got my press pass taken away.
19. Were you in a club? If you look in my yearbook I am in several. But, I wasn't really. Because I was on the YB staff, a group of us thought it was funny to pose in all the club photos. My editor was not very happy, but I was so awesome he didn't kick me off.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Yep. I don't mind the gaining weight part. It is that it has all turned to fat.
21. Who was your prom date? My boyfriend again- I was so boring. Even more boring is that we barely caught the tail-end of Junior Prom. He had to play in some basketball game to get his scholarship. I missed out on most of the fun and I had been a nominee for Prom Queen so I missed out on all that excitement too.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Been there, PLANNED that. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to planning the next one.
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?I would have stayed single. I think I missed out on a lot because I dated the same person the whole time. I also wish I had tried harder to make track work out as well. Ultimately I would tell myself life gets really good so RELAX!!!
Hope you all enjoyed my high school experience! I tag 4 people: Troy, Kristi, Alicia and Hayley